Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a vital two-day course developed by LivingWorks Education, that covers the following:
ASIST is a 2-day intensive, interactive and practice-dominated course designed to help individuals recognize the risk of suicide, and learn how to intervene to prevent the risk of suicidal thoughts from becoming suicidal behaviors. Suitable for all persons in positions of trust: health professionals, social service workers, teachers, counselors, youth workers, police and correctional staff, and community volunteers. Prepared caregivers can help prevent suicide. Includes a Suicide Intervention Handbook and a certificate.
“I am utilizing the skills learned at ASIST training very often and I am grateful to have been taught these skills! I have used them (in serious situations) at least 3 times since training and I am grateful to have been capable to handle the situation with such a calm manner because I actually felt confident doing so. Thank you again for running such an amazing event. These skills are very practical in whatever field of study and I am shocked not more people have taken it!” –ASIST Participant
ASIST Workshop features:
- Presentations and guidance from two LivingWorks Education registered trainers
- A scientifically proven intervention model
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- Group discussions
- Skills practice and development
- A balance of challenge and safety
Rate: $190 per person.
2020 Session Dates
- S2: Sat/Sun, April 25/26, 9:30am to 5:30pm – CANCELLED
- S3: Sat/Sun, May 30/31, 9:30am to 5:30pm
- S4: Sat/Sun, Oct.3/4, 9:30am to 5:30pm
- S5: Sat/Sun, Nov.7/8, 9:30am to 5:30pm
Please Note: The workshop dates listed above may be subject to change depending on future COVID-19 updates/restrictions.
***All ASIST Workshops are hosted at Humber College Lakeshore Campus. Building and room locations TBD. Please email Paula if you do not receive a confirmation email. Thank you.***
Use the form below to register
If you have any questions about upcoming ASIST workshops, please email Paula.
Please Note: ASIST workshop registrants will be emailed a registration confirmation message, which will contain the date, time, and location details in the future when the locations have been finalized. For Humber College campus map, please click on the following link to be re-directed to the Humber College website: https://humber.ca/campus-map/
The Gatehouse reserves the right to cancel or postpone workshops due to COVID-19 or any pandemic, under-enrollment, instructor illness or inclement weather. If a workshop is cancelled, you may transfer to another workshop or receive a full refund.
Refunds will only be provided in the event a workshop has been canceled by The Gatehouse. If your plans change after you have registered you may:
1. Designate a substitute to attend in your place, at no extra cost. Please notify us of the name of the person attending as soon as possible prior to the workshop date for which you registered. This will allow us to correct our records and minimize confusion at check-in.
2. Transfer to another workshop provided that you notify us by fax or email at least 3 business days prior to the training date for which you have registered. A $25 service fee will apply and is payable at the time of the transfer request. We will not consider requests to transfer less than 3 business days prior to a workshop date. If you fail to attend your scheduled workshop without required notification, as outlined above, your fee will be forfeited.
Please note that punctuality is very important so that our instructors begin workshops on time. Thus, instructors are free to close admittance to workshops 30 minutes after starting. Late arrivals may not be admitted and may not be entitled to certification.
If you have any questions, about registration or payment, contact Maria