Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a vital two-day course developed by LivingWorks Education, that covers the following:
ASIST is a 2-day intensive, interactive and practice-dominated course designed to help individuals recognize the risk of suicide, and learn how to intervene to prevent the risk of suicidal thoughts from becoming suicidal behaviors. Suitable for all persons in positions of trust: health professionals, social service workers, teachers, counselors, youth workers, police and correctional staff, and community volunteers. Prepared caregivers can help prevent suicide. Includes a Suicide Intervention Handbook and a certificate.
“I am utilizing the skills learned at ASIST training very often and I am grateful to have been taught these skills! I have used them (in serious situations) at least 3 times since training and I am grateful to have been capable to handle the situation with such a calm manner because I actually felt confident doing so. Thank you again for running such an amazing event. These skills are very practical in whatever field of study and I am shocked not more people have taken it!” –ASIST Participant
ASIST Workshop features:
- Presentations and guidance from two LivingWorks Education registered trainers
- A scientifically proven intervention model
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- Group discussions
- Skills practice and development
- A balance of challenge and safety
Rate: $190 per person.
2020 Session Dates
- S1: Sat/Sun, Feb.29/Mar.1, 9:30am to 5:30pm
- S2: Sat/Sun, April 25/26, 9:30am to 5:30pm
- S3: Sat/Sun, May 30/31, 9:30am to 5:30pm
- S4: Sat/Sun, Oct.3/4, 9:30am to 5:30pm
- S5: Sat/Sun, Nov.7/8, 9:30am to 5:30pm
Use the form below to register
If you have any questions about upcoming ASIST workshops, please email Paula.
Please Note: ASIST workshop registrants will be emailed a registration confirmation message, which will contain the date, time, and location details in the future when the locations have been finalized. For Humber College campus map, please click on the following link to be re-directed to the Humber College website: https://humber.ca/campus-map/