ASIST is a vital two-day course that covers the following:
ASIST is a 2-day intensive, interactive and practice-dominated course designed to help individuals recognize the risk of suicide, and learn how to intervene to prevent the risk of suicidal thoughts from becoming suicidal behaviors. Suitable for all persons in positions of trust: health professionals, social service workers, teachers, counselors, youth workers, police and correctional staff, and community volunteers. Prepared caregivers can help prevent suicide. Includes a Suicide Intervention Handbook and a certificate.
- Presentations and guidance from two LivingWorks registered trainers – Brad Hutchinson and Stewart Thompson
- A scientifically proven intervention model
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- Group discussions
- Skills practice and development
- A balance of challenge and safety
Instructors: Brad Hutchinson & Stewart Thompson
The Gatehouse reserves the right to cancel or postpone workshops due to under-enrollment, instructor illness or inclement weather. If a workshop is canceled, you may transfer to canceled workshop or receive a full refund.
Refunds will only be provided in the event a workshop has been cancelled by The Gatehouse. If your plans change after you have registered you may:
- Designate a substitute to attend in your place, at no extra cost. Please notify us of the name of the person attending as soon as possible prior to the workshop date for which you registered. This will allow us to correct our records and minimize confusion at check-in.
- Transfer to another workshop provided that you notify us by fax or email at least 3 business days prior to the training date for which you have registered. A $25 service fee will apply and is payable at the time of the transfer request. We will not consider requests to transfer less than 3 business days prior to a workshop date. If you fail to attend your scheduled workshop without required notification, as outlined above, your fee will be forfeited.
Please note that punctuality is very important so that our instructors begin workshops on time. Thus, instructors are free to close admittance to workshops 30 minutes after starting. Late arrivals may not be admitted and may not be entitled to certification.
The Next Training Dates are
Tues. Sept. 19 & Wed. Sept. 20, 2017, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at Humber College Lake Shore Campus Building L room 1017
Sat. Oct. 28th & Sun. Oct. 29th, 2017 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at Humber College Lake Shore Campus Building H Room H114
Sat. Nov. 18 & Sun. Nov. 19, 2017, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm The Gatehouse, 3101 Lake Shore Blvd W., Toronto, ON, M8V 3W8.
Please complete payment/registration using the form below or you can download the ASIST Registration Form – Fall Dates 2017 VISA, MC or PP and email to Maria
If you have any questions, about registration or payment, contact Maria.