- This event has passed.
11th Annual Transforming Trauma Into Triumph Conference
November 15 @ 11:00 am - November 19 @ 5:00 pm at TBD
The Gatehouse and community partners are once again pleased to organize the Transforming Trauma Conference from Monday, November 15 to Friday, November 19th, 2021. This year it’s again gone virtual! With panels, presentations, and workshops, this event will bring together mental health services, first responders, and survivors of trauma to exchange ideas and evidence-based approaches for the prevention and treatment of trauma. It is our intention that attendees will be educated and empowered to become agents of transformation. Most up-to-date info at www.thegatehouse.org/conference21
Registration Fee: $35. A full tax receipt will be issued for the registration fee. The fee grants you access to all virtual webinars and workshops during the conference – Nov. 15 to Nov. 19, 2021. Sliding scale available. Schedule of events below.
Questions? Email Maria Barcelos, Executive Director
Here are some confirmed presenters:
- Carrie George – A poetry MFA candidate at the Northeast Ohio MFA program (NEOMFA). She is the Graduate Fellow for the Wick Poetry Center, where she teaches poetry in community settings. She holds a BS in journalism from Kent State University.
- Ashtyn Ford, Registered Psychotherapist, Art Therapist and Co-Founder of Full Circle Art Therapy Centre in Toronto
- Kaitlyn Axelrod – MSW, RSW, Program and Outreach Coordinator at Sheena’s Place
- Andrea Robin Skinner – Mindfulness and Meditation Practitioner
- Deb Maybury – Registered Psychotherapist, Author, Peer Facilitator www.debmayburytherapy.com
- Sheri Jackson CAC II, Addictions Careworker Diploma, McMaster University Certified Life Coach, Strategic Intervention, Healing Moments website
- Catherine Jun, Relational Therapist (in-Training) www.catherinejun.com
- Avdeep Bahra – Somatic Experiencing® (SE) Practitioner in Training, www.avdeepbahra.com
If you have any questions or suggestions for presentation topics, please direct them to Maria Barcelos, MA, Executive Director