Thank you for your interest in The Gatehouse.
Current Employment Opportunity
Job Title: Program Assistant
Contract Position: Temporary Full-Time Contract
# Hours: up to 35 per week
Start & End Dates: July 4 to August 26, 2022
Rate of Pay: $15 per hour, up to 35 hours per week.
Required: The Government of Canada funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program. To apply you must be aged between 15 and 30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
Help with administrative functions, including answering, recording calls, booking and conducting intake appointments, conducting debriefing meetings with staff and volunteers, reaching out to other organizations to promote the work of the Gatehouse, The Gatehouse Poetry Movement, and creating social media content relevant to programs and fundraising initiatives. The student would also be helping with seeking grants and grant writing as needed. Other program-related duties as assigned depending on the needs of the organization including updating workbooks, creating activity worksheets, and other program-related promotional materials. Helping with volunteer training, orientation, or recruitment activities as required.
- Preference given to those who possess post-secondary education in related including social service, social work, counselling, community development or related field of study
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with a small team of direct service volunteers
- Knowledge of practices to support people experiencing crisis, mental health challenges, people living in isolation and those living with or recovering from abuse
- Knowledge of community information, childhood abuse issues, relevant legislation, services and systems is an asset
- Preference given to candidates with previous intake experience
- Computer skills, specifically knowledge of Windows programs such as (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Internet)
- Ability to speak a second language would be an asset
- Flexibility in availability as the position will require evening work and some weekends
- Current vulnerable sector check must be completed through local police service
Orientation and ongoing mentorship provided
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter to Maria Barcelos, Executive Director by June 6, 2022, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org