Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a vital two-day course developed by LivingWorks Education (Thank you LivingWorks Education Team), that covers the following:
ASIST is a 2-day intensive, interactive and practice-dominated course designed to help individuals recognize the risk of suicide, and learn how to intervene to prevent the risk of suicidal thoughts from becoming suicidal behaviors. Suitable for all persons in positions of trust: health professionals, social service workers, teachers, counselors, youth workers, police and correctional staff, and community volunteers. Prepared caregivers can help prevent suicide. Includes a Suicide Intervention Handbook and a certificate.
“I am utilizing the skills learned at ASIST training very often and I am grateful to have been taught these skills! I have used them (in serious situations) at least 3 times since training and I am grateful to have been capable to handle the situation with such a calm manner because I actually felt confident doing so. Thank you again for running such an amazing event. These skills are very practical in whatever field of study and I am shocked not more people have taken it!” –ASIST Participant
ASIST Workshop features:
- Presentations and guidance from two LivingWorks Education registered trainers
- A scientifically proven intervention model
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- Group discussions
- Skills practice and development
- A balance of challenge and safety
Non-Refundable Cost: $250.00 per person.
Payment Options: Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Cheque. An invoice will be emailed to registrants. Thank you.
Registration Process: To register, please email Paula (<—-Clickable Link). Thank you. When emailing Paula, please provide your first and last name, your email address, phone number that has access to voice mail, and an emergency contact name and number (for emergency contact purposes only during the training that each person registers for). Thank you.
Upcoming Fall 2022 ASIST Workshop Dates:
- WS1: Saturday, September 10th, and Sunday, September 11th, 2022
- WS2: Saturday, October 22nd and Sunday, October 23rd, 2022
- Cancellation Notice: In the event of an ASIST WS cancellation by The Gatehouse, all registrants will be notified in writing via email and/or a phone call (at the number provided by registrants). Refunds will only be provided in the event a workshop has been cancelled by The Gatehouse.
Time Frames: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (EST)
Location: Will be announced in the future on this page. Please visit this page periodically for more updated information. Thank you.
Healthy and Safety Protocols/Measures: All registered LivingWorks Education ASIST Trainers and registrants will be required to adhere to any applicable health and safety measures applicable at the locations where the ASIST trainings are being delivered at (e.g., wearing masks, social distancing, hand sanitization, utilizing single use pens, pencils, and markers as part of the training process, etc.).
Please do not attend the ASIST training if you are feeling ill. Please email Paula to cancel your ASIST workshop registration process. Thank you.
COVID-19 Pre-Screening? Yes, all registrants will be asked to kindly review, complete and submit a completed COVID-19 questionnaire to Paula at least 24 hours prior to the ASIST training date that persons are registered for. The questionnaire will be emailed to all registrants in advanced.
Certificate of Completion Provided? Yes, a Certificate will be provided upon the completion of Day 2 of the applicable ASIST training WS that registrants are registered for.
Please Note: The workshop dates listed above may be subject to change depending on future COVID-19 updates/restrictions. Thank you for your anticipated valued patience and understanding in advance.
If you have any questions about future ASIST workshops, please email Paula. Thank you.
Please Note: ASIST workshop registrants will be emailed a registration confirmation message, which will contain the date, time, and location details in the future when the locations have been finalized. Typically, previous ASIST workshops delivered by Brad and Paula took place at Humber College, Lakeshore campus. For Humber College campus map, please visit the following link to be re-directed to the Humber College website: https://humber.ca/campus-map/
The Gatehouse reserves the right to cancel or postpone workshops due to COVID-19 or any pandemic, under-enrollment, instructor illness or inclement weather. If a workshop is cancelled, you may transfer to another workshop or receive a full refund.
Refunds will only be provided in the event a workshop has been cancelled by The Gatehouse. If your plans change after you have registered you may:
1. Designate a substitute to attend in your place, at no extra cost. Please notify us of the name of the person attending as soon as possible prior to the workshop date for which you registered. This will allow us to correct our records and minimize confusion at check-in.
2. Transfer to another workshop provided that you notify us by fax or email at least 3 business days prior to the training date for which you have registered. A $25 service fee will apply and is payable at the time of the transfer request. We will not consider requests to transfer less than 3 business days prior to a workshop date. If you fail to attend your scheduled workshop without required notification, as outlined above, your fee will be forfeited.
Please Note: Punctuality is very important so that our instructors begin workshops on time. Thus, instructors are free to close admittance to workshops 30 minutes after starting. Late arrivals may not be admitted and may not be entitled to certification.
If you have any questions, about registration or payment, please contact Maria.