The Young Adult Program is a five-week support group for survivors of childhood sexual abuse between the ages of 18-25 years of age.
The 5-week curriculum offers information about the effects that abuse and trauma can have on an individual. By connecting with other young adults who have had similar experiences allows for the feelings of isolation to dissipate and encourages a sense of community and inclusion. This will be accomplished by guided discussions, developing and/or enhancing coping skills to deal with stressful situations, educating them on self-care and its importance, and supporting them as they move forward with their lives in a healthy and positive manner.
The benefit of this program is that the participants will have the opportunity to share their stories with others struggling with similar issues and allow them to feel connected.
The goal of this program is to help young adult survivors feel less alone.
Topics discussed include:
- Moving out of isolation into inclusion
- Positive coping skills and the importance of self-care
- Developing and maintaining healthy and safe relationships
- Re-establishing boundaries
- Triggers and grounding
- Life skills and community resources
- Moving forward – goals and aspirations
- This is an all gender identities group
An initial group readiness interview is required prior to joining the group.
Dates: The next program date starts Thurs. January 27, 2022, 2 pm to 4 pm online. Intake Required. Please see “how to apply?” below
Please consider making a donation to help The Gatehouse
The Gatehouse, a community based charitable organization that provides much-needed support, resources, and community to survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Survivors of sexual abuse are in desperate need of our support and services and The Gatehouse relies on the generosity of individuals, foundations, and businesses to fund and expand our creative programs including peer support groups, art therapy, wellness workshops, conferences, and the investigation support program.
Please consider making an online donation, one time or you can also donate monthly. Your donation helps to transform the lives of those victimized by childhood sexual abuse.
Questions? If you have any questions about this group program please contact Jasmine Lem, Program Assistant, YAP, PH1 W/AG
How to apply?
Intake form and intake meeting required. Due to COVID19, all intake meetings are being conducted over Zoom or by phone.
- Click here to download the intake form
- Complete the intake form and email it to Karen MacKeigan, Program Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The purpose of the intake meeting is to determine your readiness to commit to the full 5 weeks of the program, including a willingness to engage with the weekly discussions, exercises, and your self-care plan/practices.
- Registration is on a first come first served basis and participants who have previously completed a YAP program may be wait-listed.
New to online meetings? Check out Tips for ONLINE Peer Support Group Meetings
Main office Desk: Intake scheduling x222. please note, it may take us up to two weeks to return your call due to COVID19 restrictions. Our staff is all working remotely at this time. Email communication is preferred.
Referral: No formal referral is required. Participants self-refer
Use the form below donate. Thank you for your support.