A future where those impacted by childhood sexual abuse can heal and reclaim their voices.
To provide support, community, and resources for individuals impacted by childhood sexual abuse.
Provide a range of both formal and informal support and outreach.
- Provide a safe, inclusive and healing environment for those impacted by childhood sexual abuse
- Provide a child-friendly environment, resources and support enabling Police and Child Welfare Workers to interview individuals and families when child abuse is suspected
- Provide peer support programs, information and community support resources for survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Provide web-enabled strategies for services and support
- Provide outreach that communicates our vision, mission, objectives, and services locally, nationally and internationally
Mobilize community capacity, strengths, and skills of volunteers
- Recruit and train volunteers who provide leadership and mentoring
- Celebrate the valuable contributions and effectiveness of our direct service volunteers
Increase service capacity through collaboration and partnerships
- Increase service capacity through collaboration and partnerships, locally, nationally and internationally
- Develop and nurture partnerships with others in the field to increase service capacity
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure a seamless service response
- Collaborate with partners to promote transformative social change
Facilitate knowledge creation and knowledge transfer
- Sharing evidence-based best practices through workshops, conferences, educational and networking events
- Collaborate with other like-minded agencies on research initiatives supporting evidence-based approaches
- Create training resource materials and share expertise to enhance community capacity and services for survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Provide experiential learning opportunities for post-secondary students
“It’s so hard to convey what the Gatehouse is and what happens there. It’s a place where everyone’s voice can be heard. It sounds so simple, and maybe that’s the beauty of the programs and people at the Gatehouse; when your voice gets heard, you can begin to heal.’ – Adult Program Participant