The Gatehouse is a child-friendly location where investigating police constables and child welfare workers can interview children/minors 17 years and under, and their caregivers during alleged child abuse investigations.
- The Gatehouse is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for investigations.
- Testimony is recorded on state of the art audio and visual recording equipment.
- The Gatehouse is available for supplementary and follow-up meetings such as court preparation, case conference, and additional interviews.
- There are no catchment areas.
The Gatehouse Child Abuse Investigation Support Program Coordinator (CAISPC) may offer support upon request to caregivers during the investigation process. The CAISPC can assist with referrals to community agencies, court preparation program in cases where charges are laid, and answer any questions that the caregivers may have. For investigations that take place outside of regular business hours (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., and Fridays 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.), please pick up the key and security code from the following Toronto Police Service Divisions: 22, 23, 14, 11, or 51.
“I have not once, not gotten a disclosure when I used the Gatehouse.”
– TPS Investigating Police Constable
Investigations are booked through any of the following options:
- Calling The Gatehouse at 416-255-5900.
- Email Paula Cordeiro at: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, please ensure that you include the following information. Thank you.
- Police Constable’s First and Last Name
- Contact Telephone #
- Division #
- Date Requested
- Time Requested
- #of children attending
- Is Children’s Aid attending?
- Is there a non-offending caregiver attending?