The Gatehouse is a child-friendly neutral location where investigating police officers and child welfare workers can interview children/youth and their families during child abuse investigations.
- The Gatehouse is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for investigations.
- Testimony is recorded on state of the art audio and visual recording equipment.
- The Gatehouse is available for additional and follow-up meetings such as court preparation, case conference, and additional interviews.
- There are no geographical boundaries for use of the house.
The Gatehouse Child and Family Advocate offers immediate and ongoing support to families during the investigation process. The advocate can assist with referrals to community agencies, court preparation program in cases where charges are laid and provide information around the investigation process and answer any questions that the family may have. For investigations that take place outside of regular business hours (Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 9:00 pm and Fridays 9:00 am to 5:00 pm) please pick up the key and security code from the following Toronto Police Service Divisions: 22, 23, 14, 11, or 51.
“I have not once, not gotten a disclosure when I used the Gatehouse.”
– TPS Investigating Officer
Investigations are booked through:
- Calling The Gatehouse at 416-255-5900, or
- Completing the Investigation Request Booking Form below. The Child & Family Advocate will contact you to confirm your booking request. Kindly ensure complete contact information is entered.
In the Message Field, please include the following information to schedule an investigation at The Gatehouse:
- Officers’ First and Last Name
- Contact Telephone # (no dashes or spaces please)
- Division #
- Date Requested
- Time Requested
- #of children attending
- Is Children’s Aid attending?
- Is there a non-offending caregiver attending?