The Gatehouse Complaints Handling Policy
As of January 9, 2019
We are committed to providing empathetic and high-quality services to all of our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to inform us about it. This will help us to develop our standards.
If you have a program or volunteer related complaint, please contact the respective program coordinator listed below, and advise them of the details. You may also remain anonymous by submitting your complaint in the drop box available at the front entrance or via the mailbox outside The Gatehouse.
- Stephanie Alves, Adult Program Coordinator, Phase 1 Women’s Groups, email@example.com
- Maria Barcelos, Executive Director, Phase 2 and Art Therapy related matters. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paula Cordeiro, Child Abuse Investigation Support Program Coordinator, & ASIST Trainer for Partners Programs, email@example.com
If you have a training/workshop related complaint, please contact the respective program coordinators listed below, and advise them of the details. You may also drop off a written complaint anonymously via the drop box at the front entrance.
- Brad Hutchinson, Lead ASIST Trainer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paula Cordeiro, Child Abuse Investigation Support Program Coordinator, & ASIST Trainer, email@example.com.
If your complaint is not related to a program or training issue, please contact the Executive Director.
- Maria Barcelos, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Chair of the Board, Rita Grenci email@example.com
What will happen next?
- We will send you an email or letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Executive Director who will review your matter and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- The Executive Director will invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. They will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgment email/letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, the Executive Director will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions they have agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, the Executive Director will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the original acknowledgment email/letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for the Chair of the Board to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
For further information, you can contact the Executive Director
The Gatehouse Child Abuse Investigation and Support Site
3101 Lake Shore Blvd. West,
Toronto, ON, M8V 3W8
Date Revised: January 9th, 2019
The Gatehouse is a charitable organization. Your donation helps to transform lives of those victimized by childhood sexual abuse. Please consider making an online donation today. Use the form below donate. Thank you for your support.