PEER SUPPORT GROUP FACILITATOR TRAINING
(TWO DAY TRAINING)
This 2-day training is a highly experiential session based on the principles of transformative learning, transformative change, and neuroplasticity. The key focus is on developing skills as a facilitator of the adult group process, for adults who have been traumatized by childhood sexual abuse. The session has been referenced by people on the local, national, and international levels, who work in the field of trauma and abuse.
Topics discussed include:
- Building trust
- Exploring shame, guilt, vulnerability
- Transformational learning practices
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Nuances of group dynamics
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 30 & SUNDAY OCTOBER 1, 2017
The Gatehouse is offering Process Facilitation Two Day training workshop! looking for Volunteer Facilitators for the 15-week Peer Support Group program for adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse starting in 2018!
This is a mandatory attendance course for potential Gatehouse Volunteer Facilitators. The Gatehouse is currently looking for 10 volunteer facilitators for the 15-week Peer Support Group programs for adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse, starting in 2018!
Date: SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 30TH & SUNDAY OCTOBER 1ST 2017*must attend both days
Location: Humber College Lakeshore Campus – Building H Room 114
Time: 9:30 am-3:30 pm both days
Parking: There is free parking on campus on weekends. Please be mindful of the restricted parking areas and read all signs carefully. Free parking is also available at The Gatehouse.
To register: Click here to Sign up
Fee (s): $60
Questions: Email Maria Barcelos OR call 416-255-5900 Ext. 225
The training session is led by Arthur Lockhart, Gatehouse Founder.
All participants are being asked to bring their own lunch.
Recruitment & Selection Process
- Complete the two-day support group facilitator training workshop
- Complete Volunteer Application online
- Once training is completed, attend an in person interview
- Once interview is completed, complete a vulnerable sector screening with the local police service
- Volunteer facilitators must be over the age of 18.
Questions? Contact Maria Barcelos, Executive Director