Dear Gatehouse Community, December 2019
Effective immediately, the Drop-In Group Thursday night group at The Gatehouse is being cancelled and will no longer be offered.
The Gatehouse has limited resources and funding and at this time we are focusing our energy on offering and enhancing our core programs, Phase 1 Phase 2 and Partners.
There are regular walk in accessible counselling resources in the community, which can be found at WHATS UP WALK-IN Locations across the city at http://www.whatsupwalkin.ca/.
Other resources are available in your local community may be found via E-Mental Health http://www.ementalhealth.ca/.
Other programs available include:
Paths of Courage – One week residential stay in Belleville. More info at www.pathsofcourage.com
Canadian Centre for Men & Families – Peer support, counselling and groups for Male Survivors in Toronto https://menandfamilies.org/Canada-programs/
Crisis Resources in Toronto below:
- TORONTO DISTRESS CENTRE (416) 408-4357 or 408-HELP – Offers access to emotional support from the safety and security of the closest telephone.
- GERSTEIN CENTRE (416) 929-5200. Provides crisis intervention to adults, living in the City of Toronto, who experience mental health problems. The service has three aspects; telephone support, community visits and a ten-bed, short-stay residence.
- ASSAULTED WOMEN’S HELPLINE: 416-863-0511; Toll-Free 1-866-863-0511 for more than 25 years, the Assaulted Women’s Helpline has served as a free, anonymous and confidential 24-hour telephone and TTY crisis telephone line to all women.
- TORONTO RAPE CRISIS CENTRE/MULTICULTURAL WOMEN AGAINST RAPE: 416-597-8808; TEXT SUPPORT: 1-647-490-8822
- ANISHNAWBE 24/7 MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS MANAGEMENT SERVICE: 416-891-8606 (Aboriginal clients) not only promotes Traditional Aboriginal practices but has affirmed and placed them at its core. Its model of health care is based on Traditional practices and approaches and are reflected in the design of its programs and services.
– The Gatehouse