All in person Gatehouse Programs including Phase 1 & 2 Groups, one on ones, student practicums, outreach presentations, Mindfulness Workshops for youth are cancelled from March 16 to April 17, 2020. Art Therapy is also cancelled. We are not accepting student placements for Summer at this time.
The health and safety of our group participants, volunteers, placement students, and staff continue to be our priority.
The Phase 1 & 2 Groups & Youth Mindfulness that were scheduled to start on March 23 are postponed to later start date. We will advise of a new date in future via email and a phone call to registrants.
In responding accordingly to the COVID-19 outbreak and our community’s changing needs, some of our peer support group programs are being offered online via scheduled virtual meeting spaces and some have been deferred to a future start date.
As a charitable organization, we rely on your support to continue delivering much-needed peer support programs for survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
We need your support! CLICK HERE TO DONATE via Canada Helps!
If you have any questions, kindly contact me via email at email@example.com
Stay safe and healthy. We are all in this together.
We are encouraging everyone to take precautions and follow Toronto Public Health Guidelines including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 15 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- Stay home when you are ill
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
“As per Toronto Public Health (TPH), they are monitoring 41 positive cases of the novel coronavirus: COVID-19 in Toronto. To date, there have been four other confirmed cases reported in Toronto. All four of these people have since recovered from their illness. TPH continues to work with our provincial and federal health colleagues along with airports in response to this situation. At this time the virus is not circulating locally, however given the global circumstances, TPH is actively working with City and health partners to plan for the potential of local spread.”
Additionally, TPH is recommending the following for Travellers.
Travellers who have returned from Hubei Province (China), Iran or Italy should:
- Contact their local public health unit within 24 hours of arriving in Canada.
- Stay at home and avoid close contact with others, including those in their home, for a total of 14 days from the date they left Hubei province, Iran or Italy.
- Contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or their local public health unit or call their primary care provider’s office if they experience symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cough, difficulty breathing).
- Call ahead prior to visiting any health care provider and let them know about travel history and symptoms so that they can make special arrangements to see you quickly, provide testing, and ensure that they use proper infection control measures
Travellers who have returned from anywhere else outside Canada should:
- Monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days after returning to Canada.
- Self-isolate and contact Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 if they experience symptoms of COVID-19.
- Call ahead prior to visiting any healthcare provider and let them know about travel history and symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, difficulty breathing) so that they can make special arrangements to see you quickly, provide testing, and ensure that they use proper infection control measures
- Canadians are advised to avoid all cruise ship travel.
If you have any questions, please contact Maria Barcelos, Executive Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe, everyone.