Thank you to all who joined us on Friday, June 1st for the 8th Annual Transforming Trauma into Triumph Conference. 135 attendees shared the day with us.
We are grateful to the wonderful line-up of presenters for generously donating their time, energy and effort to this event.
Thank you to the Toronto Police Service for their generosity, support, and commitment to community partnerships. Thank you to the wonderful Landi Haderaj, Coordinator, Training, Accreditations & Records at the Toronto Police College, the Toronto Police 22nd Division Rover team and catering services provided by Compass group under the direction of Ms. Shyamali Fernando, Food Service Manager.
Photography by Edison Yao, Unicorn Studios, email@example.com
Thank you to all our, Staff, Volunteers, Board Members, and community supporters.
The full event report: Conference Summary Report – Transforming Trauma into Triumph Conference
- Deputy Chief Shawna Coxon, Toronto Police Service
- Sandra Corelli, Key Note Speaker “Unlocking Empathy”
- Brad Hutchinson, Lead Trainer/ASIST, The Gatehouse, Step into the Creative
- Ahmeda Mansaray-Richardson, Founder, Voices, Global Collective
- Alice Olsen, M.S.W., R.S.W., The George Hull Centre
- Stewart Thompson, Host Personal Transformation Radio
- Deb Maybury, Martial Artist/Author/Film Maker/Gatehouse Facilitator
- Carolyn & Jay Smith, Partners Support, @The Gatehouse
- Andrea Robin Skinner, Family & Healing
- Spencer Henry Williams, Advocate, Writer, Filmmaker
- Pat Adams, From Estrangement to Reconciliation
- Ranjini Chakravorty, Volunteer Facilitator, The Gatehouse
- John Helston, The Gatehouse
- Greg Andrews, Volunteer Facilitator, The Gatehouse
- Lacey Ford & Pearl Lee, Full Circle- Art Therapy Centre – Will be running an open space discussion on art therapy and healing
This event was funded by the Victims Fund, a grants and contributions program administered by the Department of Justice Canada. Funds are available to provinces, territories and non-governmental organizations for programs and services that give victims and survivors of crime a more effective voice in the criminal justice system. For more information about the Victims Fund, please visit: http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/victims-victimes/
For more information on Victims and Survivors of Crime Week, visit: www.victimsweek.gc.ca.